WAKE SPORTS MEDICINE PRESCRIPTION REFILL POLICY
– Prescription refills MUST BE requested during business hours M-F only, ideally at the time of visit. No prescription will be refilled after hours or on weekends.
– Oral Medications are a very small part of our care at Wake Sports Medicine. On the rare occasion that we do prescribe an oral medication, it is usually to be used on an AS NEEDED basis.
NARCOTIC PAIN MEDICATIONS (VICODIN, PERCOCET, LORTAB etc.)
– Narcotic pain medications will NOT be provided for chronic conditions.
– If you feel they are necessary, you can request to be referred to a pain management specialist for a consultation. Pain management specialists deal specifically with pain and therefore have more experience in dealing with chronic pain.
– Narcotic medications will NEVER be refilled. On the rare occasion that there may be a bad fracture, or acute injury a few days worth of narcotic medications may be prescribed. This is for severe pain only, which should go away within a few days.