Did you feel a pop while running or exercising? Do you have an injury that never seemed to heal?
Sometimes an X-ray is normal, as it ONLY can see bone.
Ultrasound see everything else, and in real time.
If you’re looking for a non-invasive, safe solution for diagnosing an injury, Wake Sports Medicine offers in-depth ultrasounds in Raleigh, NC. Read on to discover how ultrasound technology can benefit you!
- There is no radiation exposure to the patient. Unlike fluoroscopic or CT guided injections, or x-ray imaging, ultrasounds do not emit harmful radiation
- Ultrasound guided injections are nearly 100% accurate. Studies show that “blind” injection accuracy rate from physicians is only between 60-80 percent. When it comes to providing relief from pain, accuracy matters.
- Ultrasound injections are virtually pain-free. Because it’s easy to see where the injection is focused, we can avoid repeated attempts at injections, making it a faster process.
- You are a more active participant. With ultrasounds, we can show you what we see, the area of treatment, and you can even see injections going in as they happen.
- Ultrasounds are fast and convenient. At Wake Sports Medicine, our equipment is onsite, and we can see what we need to do in as little as five minutes.
- Rapid diagnostics. Using the ultrasound, we see the injured area almost immediately and can see the source of your pain. This gives us a better plan for a more successful treatment.
For more information about ultrasounds in Raleigh, NC, contact us at Wake Sports Medicine today!